With cold weather approaching in some parts of the country, this is no excuse to stop team building! The indoors is just as ideal as the outdoors when it comes to holding team building events.
Often times, team building activities take place outdoors. However, many of these programs can also happen indoors. There is no better choice for where you should hold your activities but it is important to know how to choose the best option. Team building should be a fun and memorable time so make the most of it by researching indoor venues to use. A lot goes into finding the right place but it will all be worth it after your team building experience. Here are some things to keep in mind and tips for planning to stay indoors.
1. First and foremost, holding team building events indoors will always work because you never have to worry about inclement weather. The most important perk of choosing to host your activities indoors is that you will never be forced to reschedule! You also can’t change the outside weather. When dealing with extreme cold or heat outdoors thermostats will always allow for comfortable temperature inside, year round.
2. Indoor team building can be great for teams who have less physically active members. They may be a bit older, be handicapped, or just not have as full advantage as others. This could potentially lead to unfair teams during outdoor events. Everyone on the team should be accommodated so make sure the right team building program is chosen so everyone can benefit from it.
3. On many occasions, high energy team building exercises are held outdoors. This is usually because the outdoors can provide a much larger expanse of area and it’s always good to have the fresh air when you’re moving around. What if you want a team building event that is lower energy and that doesn’t require as much moving around? These types of exercises are just as effective as any other. Choose an indoor venue for a more calm and relaxed team building event. It’s nice to mix up the styles of events because there are countless ways to build teams!
4. Convenience is a huge factor that comes into play when choosing where to hold a team building event. Living in the city might challenge you to find an open area large enough to bring your team. Focus on finding an indoor venue where everyone will be comfortable with enough room to participate in the activities.
Indoor and outdoor events have similarities and differences and it’s important to know both. There are different ways of going about finding the perfect place to hold your team building programs. A few helpful tips should get you on the right path to finding your venue.
Tips for planning indoor team building events
1. Budget should be top on the top of your list when it comes to finding the perfect indoor venue for your team building program. Research venues that will accommodate all of your needs without overspending.
2. Make sure that the venue is easily accessible and has sufficient parking for everyone on the team. You don’t want to waste valuable time trying to find parking spaces at a venue so make sure you have this information before hand.
3. Find out how much space you’ll need for your team building program so everyone fits comfortably. A venue too large will leave you overspending your budget and a venue too small will hinder people from participating.
4. Check to make sure the venue’s layout will accommodate the team building program you’ve chosen. Also, make sure there are handicapped accessible bathrooms and doors. Making sure there is enough space is crucial step in finding the right venue.
While you may think the outdoors is the only and best option for holding your team building activities, think again. You will be pleasantly surprised to know you can build a strong team indoors, too!
When you’re making your New Year’s resolutions, keep in mind what you achieved in the past year, both positives and negatives. The truth is, while we can make as many New Year’s resolutions as we want, they won’t come to fruition if you don’t actually have the motivation and care to.
Transitions can be tough and the transition from a fast-paced, fun-filled summer to a slower fall season is no different. Here’s how to help your team embrace this time of change and prepare your company for a successful autumn with some fun team bonding activities.
Administrative Professionals’ Day (also known as Administrative Assistant Day, Secretaries Day or Admin Day) is a day to highlight the important role of secretaries, assistants, receptionists, and other administrative support, which is observed in several countries.
Memorial Day reminds us that summer is close but don’t forget what the true meaning behind the day is! Memorial Day can have different meanings for everyone. Often times, people use this day as a celebration for the arrival of summer. Cookouts, family reunions and a 3-day-weekend are all a blast but they can take away the importance of what the day truly signifies. While you celebrate good food and loved ones, don’t forget to pay your respects to those who have died fighting for our country. Pause, reflect and honor.
Get It On Video When it comes to planning the next big teambuilding experience, many aspects can get a little stressful and somewhat overwhelming. Deciding the type of experience you want your staff to have is essential for a successful event. If you’re looking to save some money on the next big event, consider this offer. Usually, if you want your event filmed, it comes with the hassle of hiring a separate videographer to capture it. Now, along with an unforgettable experience, you can save some money too. TeamBonding is offering to film your event free of charge and provide the footage to you and your staff in exchange for allowing us to use the footage as promotional content for TeamBonding. The programs currently offering this exchange are listed below.
Planning the perfect team bonding experience may at times seem overwhelming, especially when choosing a venue. Choosing the backdrop for your event, the space that will influence all other decisions may seem like a daunting task since there are literally thousands of options. Thankfully, these efficient, user-friendly websites will do most of the work for you. These venue finders can drastically improve and speed-up the process to finding your perfect venue.
Half the battle of planning a holiday party is figuring out where it’s all going to take place. (more…)
Enter your email and we’ll add you to our newsletter of helpful tips, tricks, and techniques.