Improv performers and trainers use improvisation skills onstage to make people laugh. Teambonding facilitators specialize in corporate communication skills training and teaching people HOW to improvise. The TeamProv program teaches the vital, soft business skills that they don’t teach in an MBA program…yet should: focus, trust, proactive listening, making each other look good, being present, living in the moment. We teach the essential, yet often overlooked or discarded, communication and listening skills that will consistently improve the quality of your work, home and social relationships.
Your needs + our skills = Your Goals Met
Our interactive TEAMProv workshops can focus on any or many of these tenets:
- Communication (verbal & non-verbal)
- Presentation Skills
- Risk Taking and Change
- Stress Management
- Customer Service
STAFF DEVELOPMENT TOPICS:
We are all members of many teams: work, family, sports, friends. And it’s no coincidence that we should pull from the same box of communication tools to succeed on each of those teams. This corporate training session explores your social skills toolbox and its uses for building the strongest teams possible. Who knew you could use improv for business?
• Work without a script • Strengthen “verbal” and “non-verbal” tools • Utilize status for resource rather than intimidation • Articulate your intentions (what’s obvious to you is not always obvious to them) • “The 3 Ts” – Tolerance, Tact, Trust Your Gut PRESENTATION SKILLS
• Upstage your fear • Make it look easy (improv requires rehearsal, too) • Navigate IN the moment (prevent yourself from getting lost in your thoughts) • Be prepared for tech/AV failure • “Gesture, not jester” – amplify without over exaggerating RISK TAKING and CHANGE
• You have no choice as to whether or not you will create, only what you will create • Sometimes you just have to go • Don’t panic–the minute you take a step, conditions WILL change • Be present and exist in the moment • Celebrate failure to avoid failing STRESS MANAGEMENT
Stress: the world’s most abundant resource.
• Channel your energy • Tackle FEAR of embarrassment and failure • Resolve conflicting agendas in the workplace (“I like my job, but I don’t like you”) • Keep it about what it’s really about • The only difference between a weapon and a tool is intention; choose wisely CUSTOMER SERVICE
2 hours to 2 days
An open space from the size of a meeting room to the size of a ballroom is needed, depending on the number of participants. Chairs are needed in a U-shape around the perimeter of the room, one chair per participant with a few extras. The center of the room should be empty so we can freely move around.
Thanks again for delivering a wonderful activity on Wednesday! It was greatly appreciated. I know you wanted some feedback to try and improve your activity, but I couldn’t get anything but positive feedback! Here are a couple of things I heard after you left:
“My stomach hurt so much from all the laughter.” – Nicole
“The instructions were very easy to follow, I have major anxiety issues but the way he delivered everything, I just focused on having fun.” – Dana
“I’ve worked with TeamBonding before but they deliver something different and new every time!” – Susanne
“The facilitator was great!” – Barbara
“I wish we took pictures! Some of the poses were hilarious!” – Ryan
I will definitely refer you guys in the future! Job well done!”
A.T., Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics
“We had a tremendous day with Drew and Derek on Friday. The group enjoyed the experience but moreover, they found a lot of value in the topics the exercises addressed. The efficiency and professionalism exceeded my expectations for what could be accomplished in such limited time. “DCU – Digital Federal Credit Union
“Everything came together beautifully and we had a great meeting – not in small parts due to a very successful Sunday improv session and Matt’s masterful facilitation.”Wunderman
“Drew was OUTSTANDING! My team wanted to bring him home with us. I would use him again without question.”Villa Crest Nursing & Retirement Center
“Team Prov was great. Our Lead did a nice job of creating a fun and safe environment. We had a couple of ‘breakthroughs.’ The feedback from individuals was consistently good.”D. H. – Hershey