Half the battle of planning a holiday party is figuring out where it’s all going to take place. When it comes to planning your party, you’ll want everything to run smoothly and go off without a hitch – you do want to be able to enjoy it too, after all. A big part of ensuring a successful gathering is choosing the perfect place from a variety of party venues. Picking a place with the right vibe, a big enough space, and great amenities can make or break the party you’re planning. Narrow down your choices using these 5 steps and you’ll have the confidence you need to put down the deposit on the right place for your event.
1. Size matters. Bigger doesn’t always mean better in this scenario. Obviously, finding a venue that can fit your entire group is important – you don’t want your guests feeling cramped and unable to move around the room. However, being in a room that’s simply too large can feel empty and too sparse. Sometimes when a venue is too big, it can throw off the decor – make sure that when everything comes together it will look nice and be functional for a party at the same time. Are you incorporating team building into the event? If you are, you might want to check with your event planner before booking a space to make sure there is enough room for the activity.
2. Pick up on the vibes. One of the most important things about choosing a venue is picking up on the atmosphere. Is the room big and barren? Does it feel impersonal and uninviting? The ambiance of a room can definitely influence the mood when it comes to throwing a party, and some venues are just not meant for the type of gathering you might be planning. This is why it’s a very good idea to actually see the venue in person before making any decisions. Make sure that when you walk into the venue, it feels like the right place for your group.
3. Location is key. A fancy black tie affair in the city? Sounds fabulous. Something more low-key and casual on the countryside? That’s great. However, keep in mind that your employees come from all over, and the one common place that everybody knows is the office. That being said, some folks might not want to travel too far from home to come out for a work party. Finding a place with a convenient location for all (or at least most) will help keep your attendance number high. It’s probably a good idea to find a venue that’s somewhat near the office, because you’ll know that everybody has the capability of getting there. If you do choose to book a venue in a more populated city area, make sure that it’s accessible by public transportation. Nobody wants to put themselves through the stress of city street parking before the night even begins.
4. What’s included? Some venues will offer all the amenities you might need – from audio visual requirements to tables, chairs, dishes and silverware to food and drinks. If you’re working with a tight budget, finding a venue that includes it all might be your best bet when trying not to spend more than you can afford. However, sometimes you have to put in the time and do the research – make a list of the different venues you’re interested in and what they each offer so you can compare them. This might be a huge deciding factor when finding the perfect party venue. Some places will include servers and bartenders as well, so make sure to ask about all of the options.
5. Don’t forget the details. Sometimes it’s the little things that can make a big impact on how an event will fall into place. Is there accessible parking, or will your guests need to bus in? This might be a turnoff for some, while others might prefer the fact that they don’t have to drive. Does the venue have good reviews? Make sure to do some searching around the internet to find feedback about the service and quality of the venues you’re interested in. Are any of your attendees smokers? Make sure there is a designated smoking area that’s easily accessible in order to ensure the comfort of your guests.
Once you have your list of party venues that have all the things you want, you’ll be able to narrow down your choices and feel confident about your decision. After all, booking the space will take a huge weight off your chest! You can finally envision the party and plan around the constraints of the room. It doesn’t have to be a challenge if you just take each part of the planning step by step!
Check out our preferred venue listings in your area to see if any of our suggestions catch your eye.