According to Merriam-Webster, the word Facilitator is defined as: one that facilitates; especially : one that helps to bring about an outcome (as learning, productivity, or communication) by providing indirect or unobtrusive assistance, guidance, or supervision.
While we wholeheartedly agree with this definition, we also believe that there is so much more to a facilitator.
To prove our point, we asked our facilitators to describe which qualities and characteristics comprised a TeamBonding Facilitator. Here are some of their best answers:
- Leadership. Here at TeamBonding we use the word “lead” and “facilitator” interchangeably. For events to run smoothly, it is imperative that facilitators retain excellent leadership skills during events.
- A good public speaker. For facilitators, being a good speaker requires being loud, engaging, and enjoyable to listen to.
- The ability to delegate roles and work as a team. A facilitator cannot possibly do everything alone; they must work with a team to get everything accomplished. For example, a lead should be a General and thus have soldiers to do the ground work. TeamBonding facilitators work diligently with an army of assitants.
- Time Management skills. Facilitating TeamBonding events requires leads to possess excellent time management skills. There are endless goals to accomplish before, during and after an event. Therefore, facilitators know how to maintain their time in order to accomplish everything on their plate.
- Organization. For one to possess time management skills, they should also be well organized. Facilitators are organized and prepared for any and all events, which includes: reading confirmations, making contacts with clients, shipping information, etc.
- Flexibility. While facilitators hope to have everything planned and squared away, sometimes Murphy’s Law has a better idea. For cases where details slip through the cracks, Facilitators are able to confidently make decisions on the fly.
- Customer Orientation. Facilitators understand that above anything else, the customer comes first. The events and the facilitators are organized to fulfill the wishes of the client.
- Reliability & Dependability. The success of an event weighs heavily on the performance of a Facilitator. Therefore, the company and the client must be able to depend on their facilitators to execute a superb performance.
- Enthusiasm. Nobody wants to participate in an event lead by someone who is lethargic and uninterested. With that said, TeamBonding facilitators are genuinely energized and psyched to lead events for clients. They love what they do.
- To sum it all up: While some facilitators may argue that one quality is superior to another, in reality a facilitator must possess a combination of all aforementioned characteristics.
What is a facilitator? A facilitator is:
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, “What are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes from history offer immeasurable inspirational leadership advice. Great leaders and activists from history highlight what our country and world has been through and remind us how we can change it.
There’s no question that it takes great leadership skills to build strong teams! A strong team needs an even stronger leader who isn’t afraid to take on many difficult challenges. As a leader, your job is to mold your team into an efficient group of people who can work well together and work well in their individual roles. You must possess people skills because it’s all about knowing just exactly who you’re working with. It’s important to know what makes people tick and how you can help them to achieve company goals. These six steps will help you get you the keys to keys to team success the right path to becoming an esteemed, strong and successful team leader!
Encouraging creativity is important. The prevailing opinion is that creativity in the workplace is a good thing. Most experts will agree on this. However, sometimes it does feel a little impractical. When faced with a huge list of repetitive daily tasks for yourself and your team to accomplish, it can be hard to remember why encouraging creativity is important.
Announcing TeamBonding’s Top 10 Events of 2019 🏆 Offering 100+ unique team building events, we deliver our unmatched team building expertise anywhere in the world! Our goal is to improve communication, productivity, and create a positive company culture through employee engagement.
One of the most crucial factors in the success of your business is how well your team works together. Corporate team building can be an effective and transformative strategy for helping business executives and their employees to feel more invested in their careers and each other.
TeamBonding is re-defining the world of company culture. We know that the key to company growth and positive company organizational culture is to invest in your team through team building. In our 25+ years of experience, it’s not surprising that it’s in our nature, which is ultimately what has defined our success. The Founder, David Goldstein has been actively building his team for years, so it’s no secret he’s got the best team! Not only does David plan activities for his team to enjoy, but he also began a whole engagement committee to toss around ideas for his team to do… and the sky is the limit.
Know each other as people, not just professionals. We’re all so much more than our job titles. We have interests that may have drawn each of us to our roles and help us excel within them. There are easy team building icebreaker activities for work that will help you and your team bond and get to know each other as more than just your role in the office. (more…)
Enter your email and we’ll add you to our newsletter of helpful tips, tricks, and techniques.