February 16, 2022
Coming out of a pandemic, we all wish these past two years could have a take two. Twosday, 2/22/2022 is a hopeful numerical palindrome that holds more significance than just your average day. What’s a numerical palindrome? A number you can read the same way forwards and backward. Many people use days like this to hold a special event like a wedding, announcement, or party for an easy, lucky day to remember.
12 Steps to Take Two this Twosday
- Set goals.
- Add to your bucket list.
- Write yourself a future letter.
- Find inspiration.
- Share positivity.
- Give back.
- Get organized.
- Prioritize your tasks.
- Take a break.
- Take care of yourself.
- Reconnect with your team.
- Shift your perspective.
In addition to Twosday, 2/22/2022 is also National Margarita Day, and our personal favorite taco Twosday! Whether you are looking at Twosday to start a new chapter or an excuse to celebrate, we have some ways you can use this day as inspiration to take 2 steps forward, and 2 steps back with a new approach to your life and work experiences.
- Set goals. Take 2 steps forward and look into your own personal growth and development. Where do you stand on your goals? Look into achieving a personal goal you’ve set aside and take one step to accomplish it. This can be any goal you’ve set for your career, education, or even taking up a new hobby.
- Add to your bucket list. Better yet, do something new from your bucket list. A bucket list differs from your goal list because it is based on experiences rather than setting a goal to work towards. Make a simple list to jot down things you want to experience not only in your lifetime, but this year! Schedule it, and go!
- Write yourself a future letter. How do you envision your future? Write yourself a future email and share anything you want from expectations to funny life moments. Once you receive your email from 2 months, 2 years, or even 22 years, it will bring a smile to your face.
- Find inspiration. What inspires you? Practice tracking your inspiration by creating a vision board full of your ideas. A quick way to view and track the sources that inspire you can be a physical vision board or even an album on your phone.
- Share positivity. Twosday is a great day to spread a smile. Share a special quote, a note of appreciation, or give a compliment to someone on your team. Sharing positivity with your team will put a pep in someone’s step and can even boost productivity.
- Give back. There are different ways to give back personally and ways to involve your team. Donate your time, items, or start a fundraiser in your community. Organizing a charitable event for your team is a fun, interactive way to embrace corporate social responsibility. In lieu of the past two years, programs like healthcare heroes have been established to give back locally and the positive impact it creates is unparalleled.
- Get organized. Take 2 steps back and re-evaluate your workspace at home or in the office. Clean up, file away last year’s paperwork, or shred that pile you’ve been putting off. By de-cluttering your space, you allow yourself room to feel confident and competent. A successful approach would be to de-clutter on a Friday, for a fresh start on Monday.
- Prioritize your tasks. Lists, calendars, charts… everyone has a different method of outlining their tasks. Finding a project management system is beneficial to developing a process that works for you. Exploring a solution to manage and track tasks is a productive way to hold yourself accountable.
- Take a break. It can be easy to forget to take a lunch or be so deep into a project that we forget to step away and take a breather. Taking a break to relax and de-stress is a healthy habit to form to get your mind clear and focused on the work ahead.
- Take care of yourself. Maintaining your personal health and fitness goals can be daunting, but it is critical for your overall wellness. Prioritizing your physical, mental, and emotional health can be as simple as getting enough sleep, doing a few days at the gym, and incorporating some nutritious foods into your diet. Better yet, propose a wellness activity or program to participate in to get your team involved.
- Reconnect with your team. When was the last time you planned something with your team? You can plan a potluck for lunch, get some fresh air with your team for an outside activity, or bring the margaritas to your door with a virtual happy hour to include those working from home. Streamline effective ways of bonding with your team by scheduling reoccurring times to connect throughout the month, or year.
- Shift your perspective. One thing is guaranteed in life, and that is change. Approaching changes with a positive outlook will impact everyone around you. Instead of saying “I have to go for a walk today.”, take a more positive approach such as “I’m so lucky I get to walk outside today and enjoy the nice weather.” This will gradually make you feel empowered and the people surrounding you will notice, strengthening your interpersonal relationships.
This Twosday, we encourage you to take two – taking two steps forward, and two steps back towards a rewarding 2022. Accomplishing a little every day will help you reach your goals and reshape your relationships, career, and future.
If you are looking for unique ways to give back or to connect with your team, try using a fun, themed holiday like taco Twosday, national margarita day, or celebrate St.Patrick’s day with a team building event. Excite your team with the many virtual and in-person events we have to offer.