July 16, 2013
Clarify roles and responsibilities.
Need some tips for team building? Whether you’re planning an event or working on team building long term, a big challenge for teams is a lack of clarity on individual roles and responsibilities. Clarify roles, institute accountability and achieve your common vision and goals.
For upcoming events, projects or during your quarterly review, consider this:
- How clear is our team’s understanding of their specific roles?
- Do YOU understand your team’s roles and responsibilities?
- Where do roles and responsibilities overlap between individual team members?
- Where do roles and responsibilities overlap with other departments?
- Do you have the right strategies for accountability in place?
- Are they afraid of failure?
Who, What, when, Where, Why Poems
If you’re having trouble answering these questions, make a team building activity out of getting the answers. Have each team member write a poem about their role or department and share it within your team.
Who, what, when, where, why poems should be five lines long. The poem should tell a story or give a strong picture of someone or something. Each line should answer on of the “w” questions in the order listed above. When you read the poem, it should sound like a two sentences put together.