Get started with this simple DIY team building exercise.
DIY EXERCISE GOAL: Participants will gain a deeper understanding of their own personal value.
This is an ideal ice breaker for teams that have worked together for some period of time.
DIY EXERCISE TAKE AWAYS:
From this event, participants will:
- Increase their self awareness;
- Help others to increase their self concept;
- Summarize the experience they just had;
- Verbalize positive personal attributes; and,
- Have fun!
BREAK THE ICE!
(1) Get the entire group to write their names on the outside of a large envelope.
(2) Then have each member of your group write everyone else in the group a warm fuzzy on an index card or piece of paper to put inside the envelope.
(3) This warm fuzzy should express positive attributes that the receiver possesses, things the writer saw them do well, things they would like the receiver to know, etc.
(4) Once the note or each index card is finished, fold it and enclose it in the envelope of the respective participant.
Speaking of warm fuzzies, what a great way to kick off some charitable team building!
With your busy schedule it may be difficult to find time to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses, your team’s drives and personalities, your personal habits and values. Many of us just aren’t inclined to spend much time on self-reflection and we’re not always open to feedback.
When you work with your team to increase self-awareness, you empower them to make changes and to build on their individual areas of strength and identify areas where they can make improvements. Self-awareness is often a first step to goal setting.
When it comes to running a business, managing your employees can be one of your biggest challenges. As an owner/manager, you need to make sure you simultaneously taking care of your employees’ needs while demanding the best from them.
What is Corporate Social Responsibility? Corporate Social Responsibility refers to the idea that a company or corporation has a moral obligation to give back to their community. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs can help build bonds, strengthen communication skills and boost morale while making a positive difference in the lives of people who need it most.
Announcing TeamBonding’s Top 10 Events of 2019 🏆 Offering 100+ unique team building events, we deliver our unmatched team building expertise anywhere in the world! Our goal is to improve communication, productivity, and create a positive company culture through employee engagement.
How to embrace team collaboration? For an organization to run smoothly and meet its goals, it is important to foster a work environment that supports collaboration amongst colleagues. Unfortunately for most organizations, this does not occur naturally, and thus you must make an effort and take steps to help build and sustain a cooperative work environment.
There are little things that people do that can cause us to scream in our heads – “Oh My God, Oh My God, Oh My God, will you stop PLEASE!” – but the annoyances are usually so trivial that no one ever really shares their frustration out loud…at least not until it’s too late to sound rational. (more…)
Enter your email and we’ll add you to our newsletter of helpful tips, tricks, and techniques.