About Kelly Swanson
Kelly Swanson is an award-winning storyteller, comedian, motivational speaker, Huffington Post Contributor, and cast member of The Fashion Hero television show airing on Amazon Prime. She is also author of Who Hijacked My Fairy Tale, The Land of If Only, The Story Formula, and The Gutsy Girls Pocket Guide to Public Speaking. She was a featured entertainer for Holland America Cruise Lines, keynote speaker for the International Toastmasters Convention, and has keynoted major conferences and corporate events from coast to coast.
Kelly’s wacky wit and powerful stories have charmed hearts and tickled funny bones for over 15 years. In addition to her role as a funny motivational speaker, Kelly teaches people how she does it by sharing what she has learned about connecting and engaging to have more influence in business, through the use of one tool – strategic storytelling. Sharing her own powerful journey through story and the formula she discovered, you come to that magical place where the art of story meets the business of persuasion.
I just finished reading the second set of evaluations (week two) and just like week one, the attendees found you to be amazing and simply the highlight of the convention. Time and time again the forms listed you or things you said as the most important take away they had from the convention. As a speaker, one does well if they can get people to remember a few things they say. But, if one can change a life through a message, there is no higher praise than that. Thanks for being a part of our program. Best wishes in all your future activities. You have a gift! JEFF HARROLD Chairman & CEO | Auto-Owners Insurance
Thank you Kelly for a very inspirational, funny, and practical talk. You have kick started something in our organization that will make a profound difference in our culture. TRI TANG Carolinas Healthcare
Huge thanks for your stupendous presentation at APA’s 34th Annual Congress! I had already heard you were an amazing humorist, and you exceeded my expectations. “Who Hijacked My Fairy Tale” was masterfully crafted and outrageously entertaining. In the midst of the laughter, there was a subtle yet poignant grace through your vivid characters. You are an artful storyteller! APA’s members were mesmerized as you took over 2000 people on a journey, which was more relevant to our theme than I could have imagined. We look forward to having you back in the near future! DAN MADDUX Executive Director American Payroll Association
Kelly did her research and delivered a targeted message to our scientists and engineers that had us laughing (really hard!) and thinking while totally mesmerized. The “formula” she developed will provide us a guidepost for crafting our own compelling messages going forward. I keep getting stopped in the hallway by people who attended wanting to thank the team for bringing her in. The timing was perfect. We really needed to let loose and laugh. Kelly made a wonderful impression. SUE HOFF Research and Development Amway World Headquarters
Funny Motivational Content-Rich Programs…
– Who Hijacked My Fairy Tale? Staying Passionate, Productive, and Peaceful during times of stress and change. A hilarious and powerfully motivating program based on Kelly’s book Who Hijacked My Fairy Tale? which focuses on busting the negative mindsets that block our path to peace and prosperity. Kelly’s witty, sassy, take-off-the-face-and-get-real approach will make you laugh, make you feel validated, and challenge you to change the story line running through your head – for more confidence, higher self-esteem, and a faster path to the life you want. Laughing the whole way.
– Pick Your Topic Area(s): – Six Steps To Rewrite Your Inner Script – How To Boost Confidence and Raise Your Game – Killing The Inner Critic
– The Four Pillars to Reach Your Goals (See, Believe, Do, Trust)
– How to ReFrame Your Stress – How to ReWrite Negative Story Lines – Getting Re-Engaged in the Vision – Finding the Strength to Lead with Power
– Finding Balance and Peace in an Overwhelming Work Schedule Perfect for groups looking for something refreshingly unique, with lots of humor and motivation. ___________________
– The Story Formula Connection and Engagement through Strategic Storytelling A deep dive into the art and business of strategic storytelling, as it pertains to your method of influence. Based on Kelly’s book, The Story Formula, you will walk through a proven blueprint to help you increase your level of influence and persuasion by connecting on a deeper level with those you serve. Whether you are a sales person, a customer service rep, a leader wanting to relay a vision, HR wanting to engage employees, a financial planner wanting to speak the language of your client base, a non-profit trying to raise awareness for your cause, an executive wanting more power on the platform, or anyone who wants to get people to do what you say- then Strategic Storytelling is your greatest tool. This is your chance to learn from the master. Kelly’s programs are high-content, high-energy, and high-laughs. Not only does she tell you why stories work, she shows you.
Learn the secrets to improve the power of your words to go from manipulating to motivating. It’s all about connection. – Pick Your Topic Area(s): – Connecting in Customer Service – Story Selling (Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Leadership) – Teaching Leaders to Inspire – The Science of Story – The Importance of Connection in this New Economy – Six Secrets to Connect – Five Words to Radically Change the Customer/Patient Experience – The Three Stories You Should Be Telling To Connect – How To Craft a Compelling Strategic Story – How To Deliver a Compelling Story
– Audience Hot-Seats to Get Story Feedback – The Anatomy of a Presentation – How to Engage Employees Through Story – Strategic Storytelling for Branding and Marketing Perfect for groups looking for more information on Strategic Storytelling, delivered in a highly entertaining, funny, engaging way – customized to fit the group and their desired mode of influence. Groups who have hired Kelly to help them with strategic storytelling: Financial Planners, Non-Profits, Healthcare (Leadership), Educators and Trainers, Sales People, Speakers/Toastmasters, Research and Development (Product Stories), Executives (Presentation Skills), HR (Employee Engagement), Branding/Marketing Groups, Economic Forums, Business and Association Conferences. Kelly has even helped Pastors prepare for their sermons.
For Those Want More of a SHOW and a PERFORMANCE – Ask for the CONCERT EXPERIENCE Handwritten Masterpieces Created Just For Your Audience Can’t get enough of Kelly’s stories? Hearing Kelly speak is awesome, but watching her do pure storytelling as a concert, is SIMPLY MAGICAL. Hilarious. Captivating. Deeply Moving. Just a few of the words used to express what people feel when Kelly takes them to Prides Hollow, her magical little town about a mile and a hair past nowhere. Whether it’s Crazy Man Harry sitting on the corner of Route 29, Bitsy’s crazy idea at Myrlene, Vyrlene, and Shyrlene’s House of Beauty, Buster’s Fishing Mishap, Old Man Wither’s dying request, or the Beauty Pageant gone bad thanks to Wade and Bo Jr and a homemade tater gun – no matter what the story, the characters will charm you, you’ll laugh yourself silly, feel renewed by the message, and by stepping into their stories, you find yourself stepping into your own.
These shows are handwritten with care and customized to fit your event, your audience, and the message Kelly feels led to deliver. No matter what story you get, you’ll never want to leave. Experience storytelling at its finest. The perfect addition to an event, for the group has seen everything.Here’s an example of a story Kelly wrote for a group of speakers at that National Speakers Convention.Wouldn’t you like a story of your own? All you have to do is tell Kelly about your event and your group, and she’ll do the rest. OTHER SERVICES: Kelly also offer Coaching and Camps. To get full details on al Kelly’s services visit her website listed below.
Share a message with your team that is unforgettable.
Our Virtual Keynote Speakers have the energy and experience to motivate your team online. Create memorable results for your team through our unique selection of authentic, vetted, and diverse speakers. Deliver keynotes digitally to audiences of any size, anywhere in the world.
Thank you for your presentation at the Ohio Assisted Living Association’s Fall Conference. Your presentation was very well received, with mostly all fives on your session evaluations (with five as the highest rating). Participants commented that you were “Excellent!”, “Very motivational” and your presentation was a “Great start to the day!”
Kelly Swanson is a dynamic speaker who blends humor with a strong message on how to be the best you can be. Kelly spoke at this Administrative Professionals Conference a few years ago and the evaluation comments asked for us to bring her back again very soon. For the 2015 Conference, we asked Kelly back and the audience loved her just as much this time! This audience connects with Kelly immediately. In my role as the event planner for this conference, Kelly is a pleasure to work with on the details and making sure we meet the needs of the audience. She is focused on the best experience for the participants.Here are some of the great comments we received about Kelly from our 2015 Administrative Professionals Conference: She is wonderful – so uplifting and down to earth. I loved Kelly Swanson! She has mastered merging comedy with motivational speaking. Kelly is an incredible speaker.
As someone who writes and speaks about storytelling, I'm a tough critic. Kelly Swanson is my go-to gal for all things storytelling. She's funny, congenial, encouraging, and oh so clever. Kelly's keynotes, workshops, and hot sessions offer amazing value for everyone in your organization. Just sayin'.