The National Senior Account Manager is a high impact position that focuses exclusively on satisfaction and relationship management for existing significant clients. This role requires a consultative approach to account management by offering clients a variety of solutions to build loyalty from all business accounts with more than or equal to 5,000 employees. The National Senior Account Manager will come with a solid knowledge of building and growing accounts, and be able to set up a new sales structure for our accounts team. Responsibilities will include working with current inside sales team, overseeing Sales Coordinator and contributing to analyze sales data, respond to incoming leads, build large account base with the goal of increasing retention rate, and ultimately work to improve the overall customer experience by fully understanding clients’ needs and manage all aspects of the account. The National Sr. Account Manager is the client advocate and ensures that client needs are understood and satisfied while meeting the operational requirements of the Company to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and retention targets.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters of assigned accounts.
- Assist customers through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share, and personal meetings.
- Develops a trusted advisor/consultative relationship with all accounts, stakeholders, and executive sponsors.
- Develops and executes account plans to grow TeamBonding’s most significant clients
- Maintains frequent contact with accounts to understand their immediate and long-term team building, corporate training, and event needs company-wide and departmentally.
- Leverages existing relationships to generate new business opportunities within an account.
- Acts as the lead person on preparing the written proposal in response to an existing account’s RFP; coordinates all information to develop a formal response.
- Makes presentations to various groups within the customer’s organization as needed to leverage supportive factors, address barriers, and manage unique needs and preferences of key internal and external decision makers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgement and discretion in all negotiations and matter of significance.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of all products, competition in the industry, and positioning.
Selling Style & Skills
This position requires an individual who can act as a trusted advisor and savvy business networker. Expected to keep clients happy, multitask, and manage multiple contracts, events, etc. at once to build lasting relationships with existing contacts. Role proactively expands client relationships to new contracts within an account to drive growth over time.
Negotiation/ Persuasive Skills
Good. Position relies on Business Development Representative(s) – Large Business to set pricing precedent; typically contract terms already exist.
Product & Organizational Knowledge
Excellent. Position requires deep product knowledge and ability to customize solutions when there is a lot of revenue at stake; able to team up with other representatives and coordinate with other people in the company to get things done and get through roadblocks and logistical hurdles.
Position requires an individual who is motivated by a balance of financial reward, recognition, and client satisfaction.
- New growth (net change in revenue YoY)
- Contribution margin percentage
- Performance vs. key account plans
TBD based on candidate. Ideally, this position will consist of 80% account management and 20% advisory to inside sales team and sales coordinator.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 6 pm. This position is expected to respond as quickly as possible to new clients and is consistently available to our existing clients. Regular evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand..
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven sales success
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager with a focus on large businesses or major accounts, Key Account Manager, Strategic Account Manager, Major Account Manager, or related.
- Familiarity with cloud-based software services; Salesforce knowledge a +
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
- Excellent presentation skills with groups of all sizes and levels of management
- Must be able to work independently to achieve sales and retention goals
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong ability to learn new products and ramp-up quickly
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment as a team player
- Positive and energetic communication skills, excellent listening skills; strong writing skills
- Quick and efficient with a computer
- Experience building highly consultative customer relationships
TeamBonding provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TeamBonding complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
TeamBonding expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of TeamBonding’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email your resume to hello@teambondingdotcom with a cover letter and salary requirements.