Improv performers and trainers use improvisation skills onstage to make people laugh. Teambonding facilitators specialize in corporate communication skills training and teaching people HOW to improvise. Improv Team Building teaches the vital soft business skills that they don’t teach in an MBA program…yet should: focus, trust, proactive listening, making each other look good, being present, living in the moment. We teach the essential, yet often overlooked or discarded, communication and listening skills that will consistently improve the quality of your work, home and social relationships.
Your needs + our skills = Your Goals Met
Our interactive TEAMProv workshops can focus on any or many of these tenets:
- Communication (verbal & non-verbal)
- Presentation Skills
- Risk Taking and Change
- Stress Management
- Customer Service
STAFF DEVELOPMENT TOPICS:
We are all members of many teams: work, family, sports, friends. And it’s no coincidence that we should pull from the same box of communication tools to succeed on each of those teams. This corporate training session explores your social skills toolbox and its uses for building the strongest teams possible. Who knew you could use improv for business?
• Work without a script • Strengthen “verbal” and “non-verbal” tools • Utilize status for resource rather than intimidation • Articulate your intentions (what’s obvious to you is not always obvious to them) • “The 3 Ts” – Tolerance, Tact, Trust Your Gut PRESENTATION SKILLS
• Upstage your fear • Make it look easy (improv requires rehearsal, too) • Navigate IN the moment (prevent yourself from getting lost in your thoughts) • Be prepared for tech/AV failure • “Gesture, not jester” – amplify without over exaggerating RISK TAKING and CHANGE
• You have no choice as to whether or not you will create, only what you will create • Sometimes you just have to go • Don’t panic–the minute you take a step, conditions WILL change • Be present and exist in the moment • Celebrate failure to avoid failing STRESS MANAGEMENT
Stress: the world’s most abundant resource.
• Channel your energy • Tackle FEAR of embarrassment and failure • Resolve conflicting agendas in the workplace (“I like my job, but I don’t like you”) • Keep it about what it’s really about • The only difference between a weapon and a tool is intention; choose wisely CUSTOMER SERVICE
2 hours to 2 days
An open space from the size of a meeting room to the size of a ballroom is needed, depending on the number of participants. Chairs are needed in a U-shape around the perimeter of the room, one chair per participant with a few extras. The center of the room should be empty so we can freely move around.
We have TeamProv trainers in 23 cities in the US and one in the UK and another in Berlin, Germany and we travel
“We had a tremendous day with Drew and Derek on Friday. The group enjoyed the experience but moreover, they found a lot of value in the topics the exercises addressed. The efficiency and professionalism exceeded my expectations for what could be accomplished in such limited time. “DCU – Digital Federal Credit Union
“Everything came together beautifully and we had a great meeting – not in small parts due to a very successful Sunday improv session and Matt’s masterful facilitation.”Wunderman
“Drew was OUTSTANDING! My team wanted to bring him home with us. I would use him again without question.”Villa Crest Nursing & Retirement Center
“Team Prov was great. Our Lead did a nice job of creating a fun and safe environment. We had a couple of ‘breakthroughs.’ The feedback from individuals was consistently good.”D. H. – Hershey