After twenty or so years of research and implementation, the term Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is common lingo in the workplace. But did you know that:
- 90% of Top Performers are high in EQ?
- EQ is TWICE as important as IQ in achieving your goals?
- At least 58% of performance in all jobs is related to EQ?
- There is a direct link between EQ and income – every point higher gives you $1,300 more a year
- Middle Managers score the highest on EQ, CEOs the worst?
- Generally, the older you are the higher your EQ (experience counts!)?
There have been many pioneers in the field of EQ including John Mayer and Peter Salovey and Daniel Goleman. The above statistics are from the current bestselling book Emotional Intelligence 2.0.*
Emotional Intelligence for Teams Learning Objectives:
By the end of the day you will:
- Understand your strengths and challenges in the four domains of EQ
- Practice Listening Skills with your team
- Be able to perceive the thoughts and feelings of others even if you don’t agree
- Learn specific strategies to manage stress
- Be able to better read non-verbal communication
- Practice openness and curiosity to new ideas (instead of shutting others down)
- Identify three personal EQ areas of focus for improvement
- Have fun!
The Emotional Intelligence for Teams program is experiential, engaging and fun. You won’t be sitting through a boring lecture! This day is packed with learning and fun and each participant receives a copy of Emotional Intelligence 2.0 and completes a personal emotional intelligence assessment.
1/2 day - 2 day program