Change Management is a common topic of conversation in the field of organizational development. But what is it really? A good question is, what are you changing towards? Most leaders and teams want to be moving towards creating a more effective, cohesive and collaborative team culture – one that supports a sense of purpose, where employees are highly motivated and their performance reflects that commitment.
Creating a Team Culture builds on your solid foundation of understanding personality styles and communication and feedback. With these common tools we will explore each of these three areas: Purpose, Motivation and Performance, and through discussion, exercises and team activities, develop a personal and team plan to build on these foundations of creating a positive team culture. Creating a Team Culture can be offered as a stand alone program, or as part of a quarterly training package.
Creating a Team Culture Learning Objectives:
By the end of the day you will:
- Understand the difference between a working group and a true team and identify where your team is strong and is challenged
- Create specific goals and strategies to move your team towards creating more of a team culture
- Re-evaluate and re-create your team statement of purpose to be a true reflection of team members strengths
- Create personal mission statements that reflect the strengths each team member to brings to the team
- Explore what motivates each team member and what the team is currently doing (or not) to motivate each other
- Learn and implement a model for creating greater accountability on your team
- Engage in fun, challenging, experiential exercises to test out and practice your team synergy and problem solving
- Create a team goal for the next quarter that engages the team, relies on the strengths of all members and will help you move towards creating an extraordinary team culture
The Creating a Team Culture program is experiential, engaging and fun. You won’t be sitting through a boring lecture! This day is packed with learning and fun.
1/2 day - 2 day program