When we talk to teams about their biggest challenges, communication is usually at the top of their list. When your team has a foundation of understanding each others’ personality styles (see DiSC™ Team Development Training) the next natural step is to use that common language to build more effective communication in your team.
While Communication and Feedback can also be a “stand alone” program, we highly recommend building on a foundation of understand personality styles because some of the perceived differences in communication styles can be explained and understood through the lens of personality style differences. This allows your team to capitalize on your communication strengths and adapt to each others’ differences without taking these differences personally.
Communication and Feedback Learning Objectives:
By the end of the day you will:
- Capitalize on your foundation of DiSC language to improve team communications (if you have taken the DiSC training)
- Learn and practice effective listening skills (a highly under-rated and practiced skill)
- Explore what is and is not working on your team regarding communication
- Develop a set of best practices for your team in the area of communication
- Engage in fun, experiential exercises to test out and practice your communication in a real-time environment
- Learn an effective feedback model
- Practice giving and receiving positive and constructive feedback with your team (what we practice becomes more natural)
- Create a team agreement around communication and feedback
- Create a personal action plan around communication and feedback with an accountability partner
The end result is that, as a team player, you will have learned a new way of listening, communicating and giving feedback based on what works in order to increase understanding, minimize conflict and capitalize on your teams’ strengths.
1 or 2 days
We will need a place for everyone to sit and tables to write on and also open space to move around and do the group exercises. We can also do some of the group exercises outside if space and weather permit.